Best of 2016
2016…what a whirlwind!
As easy as it may be to say 2016 was the worst year ever and as ready as you might be to say farewell to this year, it is also important to acknowledge the light with the dark. Even though it is easy to remember the challenges, the hardships and the painstaking shock and horror that occurred, 2016 really did bring us some good too. So, the eternal optimist within me has decided to highlight the successes and achievements we enjoyed this year.
2016 Worldly Wins
- The Denver Broncos won the Superbowl on February 8th, bringing so much good energy to Denver and reinforcing the belief that this city is the happiest place to be!
- The Chicago Cubs won the World Series after a 108 year hiatus…quite auspicious!
- Beyonce made Lemonade, a musical movie masterpiece album all about female empowerment and reminded women around the world to slay.all.day.
- Leo finally won an Oscar for his role in The Revenant.
- Obama’s approval ratings are among the highest of any president ever in history!
- NASA landed the Juno spacecraft on Jupiter on July 4th after a 5 year mission.
- Pope Francis, who may be the most progressive Pope we’ve ever had in this lifetime, forgives a woman’s right to choose, divorced Catholics and homosexuals.
- World leaders accepted climate change as our new reality and agreed to limit global warming in the coming years. Leo made a movie about it…watch it here for FREE!
- Panda’s are no longer endangered..what?!?
- Hillary Clinton became the first woman to be nominated for President of the USA!
See? That wasn’t so hard was it?
While I can certainly list out what went wrong in 2016, I rather celebrate what went right.
Personally, I had an incredible year in my new life as a yoga professional and even though I had some struggles and still have more work to do and a lot more to learn, I’d like to acknowledge my achievements and successes in 2016 as well.
My 2016 Highlights
- Relaunched my mobile yoga studio business as Après Yoga, and presented stellar events at 10 breweries, 2 wineries, 1 cidery, 1 roastery and 1 distillery!
- Visited Ireland for the first time with my parents and accomplished one of my Dad’s all time dreams to visit that beautiful nation full of history and lush green hills.
- I shot a TY KU Sake Commercial with Yoga Journal to discuss my life Après Yoga!
- Attended a Grateful Dead show with Dead & Co. live at Folsom Field at CU Boulder!
- I became a travelling Yoga Teacher & Presenter at Downtown Yoga Festival in SLC, Denver Yoga Festival, StapletOM Yoga Festival & Yoga Journal Live in Estes Park!
- Hiked every Friday from July-September and discovered new hikes around Denver.
- Launched my Business of Yoga Series in September!
- Attended Coachella for the third year in a row and saw Ice Cube bring out the entire NWA crew with Eazy E’s son to replace Eazy E!
- Interviewed by PlanetPrana, a Cleveland-based podcast about yoga and community!
- I taught 134,258 yoga classes (cue: hyperbolic laugh) and still love what I do!
Happy New Year Friends! Hope to see you on the mat again in 2017!